Well, another part of Grant's birthday included finding out that we're having a baby girl. She is healthy and very perfect looking on her sonogram. So exciting! We went in the day before his birthday and then were able to tell his family when they came to visit for his birthday! Grant was sort of hoping for a boy, more or less just more comfortable with that idea, and I had decided it probably was a boy. So when she said girl I couldn't believe it! It is starting to sink in (still) and I still sometimes forget that we know!
It has been H-O-T in KC, so I've been limited in my energy (is that an excuse?). So we haven't really done much since finding out, except for some minor online fabric shopping. I decided I would make the baby curtains as well as crib skirt. I also ordered some extra fabric for whatever ideas I come up with. Yesterday part of the fabric came and when Grant got home he said he liked it. Something like "I really like that fabric", and I said, "Even if you don't - thanks for saying that! Keep it up!" :) Some confidence is helpful as at times it feels like a long time until we'll have our baby. I'll post pics of the fabric when the main print arrives. Hope it is cute! I'm a little nervous.
A couple other random updates from us:
*We're renovating our bathroom upstairs. G is in charge of demo and we have 4 of his friends (I hope they remain that way after the project) coming over Saturday AM to possibly remove the claw-foot cast iron tub in one piece. Yeah right? We'll see.
*We're getting rid of Grant's beloved Cougar (car) probably on Sunday evening. There's a chance he might cry and/or enter a state of depression.
*G has to write reviews for work soon. That gets stressful just cause its important. Here's hoping that he has plenty of time to get them done.
Yay I'm excited for you guys! And I still love that one of your first thoughts was that she is a legacy...you crack me up!
ReplyDeleteAya is very excited about her cousin. Me, too.
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking you may be too busy to deal with Nobie's shenanigans when your daughter is born ...
Love ya and see you tomorrow!!!