Today is my birthday! That's right, on August 6, 1981 at the Scott County Hospital in Scott City, KS, I was born. For those of you doing the math, that means I'm 29 today. I was running this morning and though to myself, does that mean 28 complete years, starting on #29? And then I thought, no, you dummy, that means 29 COMPLETE years. You're not 1 when you're born. So yeah - I'm stupid, and I don't know which makes me feel older - the above moronic though or completing 29 years of life. So, today is the 1st day of the 30th year of my existance.
So, that's the 29. 13 refers to August 6, 1997, when my awesome parents rolled White Lightning (my beloved 1995 Mercury Cougar - see earlier posts) into our garage. I was 16 and that was MUCH too nice of a car for an idiot kid. It worked out - I'm still driving it. So, I get to celebrate my birthday and my "car anniversary" on the same day. It's also the last car anniversary I'll get to celebrate with White Lightning. As we've mentioned before, Mom and Dad are coming to KC this weekend and bringing my new ride - my Grandma's 1995 Lincoln Town Car. We'll have to get some pics together to post soon.
I'll post about Bob Dylan after the concert tomorrow night!
Happy Birthday Grant! I hope its a great one!
ReplyDelete