August 9, 2010

Bob Dylan and my awesome wife

As you can tell from Caroline's post from earlier today, she was a busy little bee making sure that my birthday was special. And it was. Thanks, honey.

I promised that I would post about the Bob Dylan concert we went to on Saturday night. If it tells you anything about my Bob Dylan fandom, this was concert #8 for me. This one probably ranks either #2 or #3 of the best I've seen.

I thought Bob Dylan was more engaged than the last time I saw him and it seemed to show in his singing, keyboard playing, harmonica playing and even general demeanor. He played 17 songs (more than the first 2 dates on this tour). Here is the set list:

http://www.bobdylan.com/#/tour/2010-08-07-starlight-theatre

A couple highlights for me:
Banjo on Ballad of Hollis Brown
half time drum feel on Cry A While
Hendrix-esque All Along the Watchtower
Just Like a Woman (with Bob Dylan "rapping" the chorus after everyone had already sung the "Juuuust Like a Woman")
The smile on my dad's face as we met after the show....

The Dough Rollers (the opening act and apparently Harrison Ford's sons) were also good.

I could type more (and maybe will at a later date), but I'm trying to shorten my posts into digestable pieces rather than trying to write a novel. Maybe Twitter (I hear there is a character limit) would be a good outlet for me, but blogging is hard enough for now.

Have a good week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment