August 18, 2010

Baby's room and update on the bathroom

I've got the baby's fabric! I spent probably too many hours searching etsy for fabrics... but I do have the fabric! The baby's room has green painted/stained trim that seems easier to just leave, so I wanted to sort of coordinate around that. I also was okay with more gender neutral fabric, figuring I could accessorize with decorations :) I wasn't sure that I wanted to make the crib skirt, but I decided that if I could make one for my niece, I should make one for our baby. Then I decided that I could make curtains for about the same price as I could buy them for (we'll see), so I went for it! :)

I stumbled upon a cute fabric with giraffes on it and sort of fell in love with the vintage kid feel. I bought enough fabric to make a crib skirt and curtains with a fun and bright red stripe that coordinates with the giraffe fabric. I am planning to use some of the polka dot (I bought enough in the green, but the teal might be better now that we see it) for the top 1/3 of the curtain and then the stripe for the bottom 2/3s. The giraffe fabric is going to be an art piece/bulletin board or something. I should have enough fabric to have fun with :)

Here's a photo:


And about the bathroom. Well, its no fun for Grant, but he has done a great job getting everything cleaned out. He made two runs to the dump on Tuesday and now is working on the floor. Unfortunately he discovered that a floor was just laid on top of old linoleum tile which looks similar to the tile that probably has asbestos in it. SO... he called and talked to our guy who gave him some tips. I think it is a little nerve-wracking for him, but he's going to wet it down and wear a mask while doing it... we'll see. It is just taking longer than we thought. And he needs to write reviews for work... so we'll see! Busy busy, but the guy is coming over on Monday to check out the progress and hopefully get started working next week! It will be worth it but feels crazy right now. :) Here are some more pics of that:


This corner is the same one that used to have the sink/mirror!


3 comments:

  1. I love the fabrics and can't wait to see the finished product...baby and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the fabric! So pretty! It's going to look great and your baby girl is going to look even greater of course :) Excited to see all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work Grant. Love your fabrics.

    ReplyDelete