Anyway, here are some before pictures of our bathroom upstairs. Its quite big, but due to plumbing restrictions is sort of a waste of space. Toilet and sink on the right, tub/shower on the left. Window in the middle of the wall across from the door. We're definitely going to have more storage space in there, as we had NONE since the previous owner thought a pedestal sink went well. Which it does, and is cheap, but still, no storage?! Funny thing was, I loved the bathroom just fine when we bought the house! :)
It's quite the project. Really gives us an idea of what we're getting into with any future projects. Who thought it was a good idea to buy a 100 year old house? Oh yeah, we did. So the bathroom is being completely gutted and new everything put in. We're increasing the lighting, electrical outlets, improving the drainage (hopefully), new tile, new window, stripping and possibly staining the trim back to brown, putting in a new tub/shower with tile around it!, and possibly adding a second sink. Here's to a couple weeks of a mess upstairs! Funny thing is, I don't really notice that its gone. I guess I'm okay as long as I've got one bathroom. I think I'll remember how great it was when the new one is finished.
I'll post some demo pictures tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment