We are nearing completion of doggie school AKA relationship training. We're good with it and at the same time ready to be done. Last night we had a new location as our first location at Wayside is taken for now. And it was somewhat in the middle of nowhere Grandview. Almost thought we weren't going to find it. Then Nobie wasn't participating very well in following our lead. The room was hot, and I remembered she probably knew we were upset about running late/getting lost, so I had to remind Grant so he didn't get mad at her! :)
You may remember that Nobie came with her peeing/leaking problem. We got her an antibiotic to try last week so right now we're supposed to be monitoring if she still has the issue to have the vet come back. Its a tricky thing - you want it to be gone but you don't want to avoid the obvious - if she pees, it counts, but then you want to say "oh its not really like it was... maybe it isn't a problem..." so that the vet doesn't have to be messed with. Anyway - we decided to stop at Sonic after class. New location for class = bonus Sonic on the way home. It was SLOW and when we got home, Nobie had peed in her seat in the back. Ahhhh! So, does that count? :)
Then today - I came home from work early, after only about 5 hours of being gone. I walk in and see N peeking out of her crate and say "ahh, thanks for staying in your crate today (as she busted out more days than not recently). Drop off my stuff as usual and then go to get her out. This is what I find:
Last night after the peeing on the car blanket, we did some doggie laundry so G washed her bed cover. Threw a blanket over her bed instead, which I think we've done before. Today while I was at work she pulled all the foam pieces out of it (mostly) and left a beautiful, dog smelling pile around her crate. I was frustrated, to say the least. I'm one-and-done with a dog. Not getting another one, for now, EVER. Good think I'm only 23 weeks pregnant or I might not have been able to bend over and sweep it up. Who knows... hopefully it will be better more often than not.
I think she's a good dog, but we'll have to see.
oh man girl! we continue to have dog drama in our house too. today, lucy ate our video camera!!! i am about ready to say adios to the doggie! congrats on the little girl. so excited.
ReplyDelete