August 26, 2010

Farewell, old friend

This has been hinted at a few times on this blog already, but this is the official farewell to White Lightning, complete with photos. As I've already mentioned, I received my 1995 Mercury Cougar for my 16th birthday - August 6, 1997. We've been together since. I am thrilled that a man who I respect immensely and his family can use up whatever good is left in White Lightning. Here's hoping she stays on the road for another 15 years.
We'd also mentioned my new ride, which I have named "Big Hoopdy". It's a 1995 Lincoln Town Car that belonged to my Gandma and Grandpa Helmers. My Grandpa really liked red cars. He had a 1966 red Ford Bronco, always drove red pickups and bought this red Town Car in late 1994. My dad told me that my Grandpa liked red cars because they sold better. I think he liked the look, too. It has a tape deck, but after breaking off a gear that was causing the tape adapter from switching directions, I am now able to listen to my iPod in the Town Car. Regardless, the stereo is better than the Cougar, which didn't have a radio after it was broken in to Labor Day weekend last year. OK, enough of my stupid rambling stories. On to the pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment