I almost forgot to post about a delicious lunch I ate a couple weeks ago. I unfortunately haven't gotten in the habit yet of carrying my camera everywhere, so I don't have a photo, but...
My work was looking for a good place for a group outing and my boss stumbled upon the KC Culinary Center in Old Town Overland Park. Every Tuesday they have a first come, first served lunch that is made by their chefs. The menu varies, but it includes a salad, main dish, dessert, and drink for $12. I LOVED IT. It was DELICIOUS. One co-worker didn't like it because she is more picky about her food, but I'll eat almost anything and DEVOURED it. I highly recommend it to anyone in the KC area. Only bummer is if you can't get away from work to go there. I am going to figure out a way to get back! Our week, they served tomato bisque soup, a 4 cheese grilled cheese that included blue cheese - yes, on a sandwich - and sauteed onions on fresh sourdough bread, a salad, and some yummy chocolate cake. So, I guess there are two parts to this post - this place is so good, and I'll love a good meal!
Here's a link to the website. Delicious food They also have classes, a small store, and a couple other events. Oh, and they rent their space for small parties. Would have been cool for a rehearsal dinner!
Hey girl. I really want to go to that place with you sometime. Sounds sooooo yummy!!!
ReplyDelete