March 27, 2010

Blogging from Scott City

So, thanks to the wireless router that I installed at my parents house 2 Thanksgivings ago, this blog is coming to you live from 1209 Hillside Dr., Scott City, KS. I remember when we first got internet at my parents house - uber slow and my brother usually tied it up for hours on end downloading pirated copies of songs. Good times.

So, Caroline and I are visiting my parents this weekend. My mom and dad are funny. They stayed up until midnight (probably 2 or 3 hours after my mom's bedtime) and then we talked until after 1am. They must have been glad to see us! This morning, my dad and I went to visit my grandma at the nursing home. She was glad to see me and seemed to be doing fairly well. I hope that she can adjust to being there and have a more positive outlook. She just seemed a bit out of sorts. It was odd seeing the strong willed and proud woman that I have always known sitting in the nursing home, but I know it is for the best. Grandma is really a sweet person so I hope she can eventually adjust and try to serve other people in the nursing home, which has always been her strength. Walking Grandma down the hall to the dining hall made me thankful for how good Grandma's condition is. She walks without assistance and isn't hooked up to anything. Still things to be thankful for there.

So, the 'Cats ran out of answers against Butler today. Butler played really well and took K-State out of their game for the most part. I am still super proud of the team (again, not claiming any of their success as my own) and the way they played this year and represented the school. Watching the K-State/Xavier game on Thursday night with our friends Dave and Jill was so fun and watching today with my mom and dad was fun, too, but would have been more fun if the 'Cats would have found a way to come out on top. For as draining as that game on Thursday must have been, I'm proud of the way K-State came out and battled Butler the whole day. I have some more respect for Denis Clemente after today. He was hurt pretty bad and still led the team in scoring. He'll be missed next season, but the future is certainly bright. I have so enjoyed the play of Jacob Pullen this season and look forward to more next year. Have a great weekend, everyone! Caroline will probably post some photos of our trip soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment