Grant and I got married February of 2008. We then went to see his family a couple times, but stayed for a longer visit over Thanksgiving 2008, with his brother and sister visiting as well. I spent some time up late with his mom and sister just hanging out and talking. I mentioned just casually that my favorite thing about being married was that Grant and I were buddies. AKA we hang out all the time and do fun things together, like going to KSU games or Royals games. I think those first few months we referred to each other as "built in buddies". Hence where the term came from. So I didn't mention it to Grant, but then the next morning, his mom proceeds to tell me, and possibly Grant, that she asked her husband that night before bed if they were "buddies"!! HA! It made us laugh, and embarrassed me a little. It's good though, because having a built in buddy is one benefit of marriage. I am thankful to have Grant around and enjoy doing thing together.
Here's a pic of me and his mom last summer!
I like this, so cute!
ReplyDelete