April 1, 2010

April Fools

I almost made it through the day without being "fooled"! I went for a run/walk after work and as I came home, my neighbors ran over to the house to show me a gift they'd left. A cute fake flower and an easter egg. They were really proud. And then one of the girls said "open the egg, there's candy inside". So I obliged. And it was full of shredded paper. Pastel colored shredded paper, but definitely not candy. Of course they laughed, and said "April Fools". A pretty painless prank. I would have enjoyed some candy, but oh well.

Then, for my photo of the day, I ran inside to get my camera, and came back to the porch. I let each of the three youngest take turns taking one picture. One begged to take more, but I think with neighbor kids especially you have to be very specific and stick to what you say. I said "one picture a day". So we might be taking more photos this summer! :)

Here's a photo of me, one of the kids, and you can kind of see the flower in my hand. Not the best of me, but I had just returned from exercising.





I'm also throwing in a photo of Westport Flea Market. We went there with our Monday Night Dinner (MND) friends on Monday. They serve great burgers. A good way to start the spring season!



2 comments:

  1. Westport Flea Market is awesome! I just wish it wasn't cash only!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you eat the fried pickles? YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete