April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Grant and I had a great weekend.


one of our neighbors left these for us Friday night


It has been awhile since we've both been home for the whole weekend. Saturday we spent the whole day working on our yard. This week was the week that the city is picking up yard waste, so we decided to get our leaves from the fall picked up! Our neighbor boy who is 5 helped really well for the majority of the morning. He is a hard worker, which is a neat quality to see in a kid that young. Then in the afternoon my mom was nice enough to come over. She is quite a genius about plants, so we wanted her to tell us what to pull and what to leave. Surprisingly, she told us 99% of what we have in our backyard is a plant - not a weed! Good thing we had her help - we might have pulled some of it.


I told Grant this was him and his 2 favorite things- his car and mowing. he disagreed since I wasn't in the photo...


my mom planted these


Sunday, Grant and I were able to attend our church, Redeemer, and hear an encouraging message about our sin and Jesus' rising from the dead for us. Of course it is easy to get discouraged realizing sin, but on a morning celebrating the meaning of Easter there is some encouragement. My parents hosted us for Easter dinner and then in the evening I celebrated with some ladies our friend Maria's birthday with a tea party! We spent the evening on our friend Andrea's deck and enjoyed each other's company. So fun!


my mom bought this "easter house". too much candy.



the tea party table


Today, Grant took the day off (so his weekend continued), and I went to work for a half day. Then... oh the joy of April... the Royals Opening Day! We enjoyed a day that started off with a thunderstorm in beautiful sunshine + a little humidity.





The game was somewhat good, until the "relief" pitching started in the 7th inning. Oh well. We enjoyed our time together! Now the week starts. I should be an aunt by the end of the week, so I am looking forward to that!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend. I love those flowers, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun weekend! i'm jealous you guys went to the royals game...so fun!

    ReplyDelete