And I think a couple things going on in my life right now have reminded me it those things aren't where my worth lies as well as even being necessary to survive. My sister's baby is due any day. That produces anxiety in me! I am worried for her and the baby to be safe and healthy. And just for good moods for my sister throughout the process. And then with the dog, I just didn't realize how it would throw me off. I haven't been able to get things done in the same ways I used to. This past weekend was spent getting to know my dog, rather than organizing and cleaning parts of my house. Which is totally okay. Relaxing just isn't something I'm naturally good at. I relax on a schedule. So throw in a dog and an overdue baby, and I'm a little off.
Tonight, though, I'm starting to feel better. Who cares if my house is a little dusty. I just got a dog! And if my Easter decor is still out - oh well! I just have to enjoy my time and live in today -- not trying to be prepared for what might happen tomorrow. I am thankful for lessons on relaxation.
Here are some photos of life lately on Charlotte.
Nobie's favorite position - getting her neck or belly scratched.
Flocks in our backyard.
Again, Nobie's favorite love language :)
Fresh cookies.
a. thanks for being so honest. its refreshing and encouraging.
ReplyDelete2. i want those cookies. in my mouth. now.