Well, while I've been quiet here on blogger, a lot has been going on! Our dog is still having some problems, although we were out of town over the weekend and since being back she hasn't had any accidents. My pregnancy is going well, and I'm now 17 weeks along. I feel very blessed by that! We go back to the doctor on Friday, something that I do look forward to. My doctor is very friendly and excited, which helps me a lot! I think just day-to-day living has me forget the exciting fact that I'm having a baby! Going to the doctor reminds me that having a baby is exciting! (and a lot of other not so fun things, too!) Right now our air conditioning is not working. It won't turn on. So Grant is doing his home fix to see if anything will help. Otherwise we do still have our home warranty, so we'll be making a request for service. Oh, so fun! We are hopefully getting our bathroom renovated soon, so I will definitely post before and after photos for you all! Soon we will have to start getting more ready for the baby. We have to pick a room and all the accessories!
This past weekend we spent with Grant's family in Scott City. It was the All-School Reunion weekend. I got my first SC t-shirt and got to meet a lot of new people. I also enjoyed spending time with a few of Grant's good friends from High School and their wives, and kids, too! I didn't take any pics as I deleted the one I took on accident. I spent a lot of time with Grant's mom cleaning out their Grandma's house. It was fun but also stressful. I would take more stuff but getting it all at once is less fun than finding it at a garage sale one by one. They are giving a handful of clothes to the high school for a costume closet which I thought was fun. And we took a large load of clothes to the thrift store in town. Grant and I got a few new blankets, including some for baby, a couple vintage table cloths, a Thanksgiving salt and pepper shaker, a vintage owl plant holder/hanger, and the best thing of all, Grandma's deviled egg platter. It is pretty lime green with an iridescent finish. Definitely a keeper! We are also getting a wooden high chair from Grandma! It has a dog painted on the back of it (I suppose I should check for lead paint!). It is in one of the photos from when his Grandma passed away. Behind Grant's brother Blake where they're all dressed up for Halloween.
Here are some photos from our last trip out to Scott City for Grandma's funeral.

Nobie living it up in the backyard at Grant's parents. One of the few times she didn't escape.

Me and Grant's mom.

Grant and his Grandpa, Clarence.

And a bonus photo: when we came back to town we went to my parents house for Memorial Day. My dad had rented this chipper and conveniently had Grant and Eric (my sister's husband) in town to help. It was a HUGE project that of course was bigger than expected. (aren't they all!)
Lime Green! Yea! Whenever I see anything lime green I think of you, Caroline! ;)
ReplyDelete