July 29, 2010

visit to Dallas

This past weekend, Grant and I flew down to Dallas to visit his Uncle Tim. Grant's sister, Holly, and their parents also joined us. We got up earlier than I think is still classified "morning" (3:45 AM) and were to the airport by 5AM. I was impressed with how many people are already living life at 5! It was a good reminder that I'm slightly lazy, getting up around 7AM every day!

When we arrived in Dallas, after also picking up Holly, we immediately went to tour the new Cowboys' Stadium. It was pretty amazing. They were putting the turf field back down after an event the night before. Then we went and had Chinese Buffet and went to a store called Sam-Moon. Ever heard of it? Grant's mom had and was recommended to go there. It was pretty amazing. You have to be in the mood - it is a bunch of junk jewelry (and some nice) packed into a medium-sized store. It was all knock-off type stuff. If I had a specific outfit I was looking to coordinate, it would be a great stop. I got a watch and a headband. I was sooooo close to I*KEA. The closest I've ever been, really, since knowing the amazing-ness of the store. And I didn't go in! AHHHHH! We are going back and driving next time. Anyway...

Then we drove out to Cedar Creek Lake (about 1.5 hours, I think) where Uncle Tim has a lake house. It was BEAUTIFUL. 3 bedroom ranch on a large lot with a dock. Complete with a boat and two jet skis! Uncle Tim claims that it will decrease your blood pressure to stay out there, AKA helps you relax! I enjoyed being there. Got a little sun. Rode on a boat - somewhat nerve wracking for control freak me. Got sick :( (I guess sun, pregnancy, and eating out don't mix in my book, so Saturday night was a little let-down, but that's alright. Uncle Tim said I could still come back.) Sunday Grant showed me his water-skiing skills. I was pretty impressed. Which also means I rode on the boat again!! So silly that I'm scared a bit of it. I survived though. Sunday night we flew back in - to "real life".

Here are some photos from our trip:

Baby's first flight! I asked Grant to take a photo of me + baby, but this is what you get!



Grant and Uncle Tim on the field!



Holly and me in the endzone.



Uncle Tim and Grant's parents.



Grant and Holly in the car.



Me + baby! Most recent photo of the baby :) You can see the dock in the background.



Grant and Uncle Tim on the boat. This is post-water skiing.



Grant on the Jet Ski.

2 comments: