July 31, 2010

21 weeks. 1 year.

I am now 21 weeks along in my pregnancy! YAY! Not that their calculations are exactly scientific, so I suppose I should say I'm around 21 weeks. This week we have our sonogram. I am excited to see the baby and to hopefully find out if he or she is a boy or girl! Also in pregnancy fun, the baby has started moving. A little over a week ago I was laying in bed to go to sleep and felt the baby move for the first time. I wondered if I would know when it happened. And I did. It was obvious. Sooooo neat! Supposedly the baby is the length of a banana this week. And he/she will now start tasting what I eat a little through fluid, so I can attempt to influence taste buds! :)

I'm looking forward to decorating the baby's room. I think it will be a fairly simple room. We finally decided (mostly I decided) the baby will move into our current guest room and the guests will relocate. I just need to figure out a dresser that will most likely double as a changing surface. And we are probably going to look at cribs today. I have one picked out online, so I just want to browse. Luckily Grant is really willing to go with the flow and be patient while I change my mind a lot. Oh, and once we find out if it is a boy or girl, then we get to start talking names! I think that will be fun. Sometimes frustrating, for sure, but definitely exciting! Grant and I mostly agree, so that is good.

The 1 year anniversary is living in our house! We have now lived here one year (tomorrow, I think). It is really crazy to think about! I don't know that I would have imagined where we are now one year ago. I think things are better in real life than imagination, so even if I'd known what to put in my mental picture it wouldn't have been as good!

Our dog is still causing some trouble...she's mostly sweet, but Grant and I agree that we didn't know what we were getting into with her. We'll see if she makes it until baby. She most likely will be in our family for the rest of her life, but there is still a part of me that thinks life would be easier without a dog! Whoops!

Well, I haven't eaten breakfast yet since we are out of milk as of yesterday. And I've got a house to clean. And some fun errands I want to run. So, I better get going.

2 comments:

  1. yay for baby and yay for 1 year of home ownership!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to find out about my niece or nephew. If Nobie improves from his doggie classes, he'll be better. I look forward to helping you decorate and/or shop for baby things, if you want. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete