June 30, 2010

Ft. Madison

This past weekend, Grant and I went to Ft. Madison, IA, for a small family reunion with my mom's family. We had about 20 people present and 4 kids under 2 years old. It was a good time. People came from North Carolina, Colorado, Minnesota, and Kansas (of course :)) for the fun. I saw some cousins that I hadn't seen in a LONG time. It was great to reconnect. I also met their kiddos who I had never met. Also a plus, my Grandma came from Illinois, who is my dad's mom -- not a part of the reunion! :) My uncle Dick brought her to visit since we were under 2 hours from her and don't see her often. Really, she wanted to meet Aya, but I'll take it! It was great to see her. Another part of the reunion was the fact that my dad's last day of work is today. He is retiring after I think 37 or so years of service to his company!! Amazing, really. After today he's done. So we had a small retirement celebration for him - really my aunt and uncle made it special. They coordinated getting him a gift as well as making little table decorations in the shape of a tractor.

Here are some photos from the weekend:

Grandma W, Leah, and Aya


Grandma C and Aya


Grandma W and me at dinner.


Dad (Grandpa) and Aya


Dad the table decorations.

Dad and his gift, a HUGE, Oliver Tractor mailbox.

1 comment: