June 1, 2010

Grandma Vera

It has been a LONG time since I've blogged. I'm using May as my excuse. It is a busy month. And I obviously didn't make blogging a priority. We attended a few graduation parties, one graduation, and had some good times seeing family. Unfortunately, Grant's Grandma, Vera, died on May 21st. It was somewhat expected yet still unexpected. She was 88 years old and suffered from dementia recently. She had broken her hip and just never recovered. :( Grant and I were able to take a lot of time off work (him a whole week) and go visit his family. We were glad to be there. We really liked her - she was very sweet, loved cookies, and loved her family. She is missed!

Here are some photos we used for a slide show for Grandma:

Grant's dad is the little one.
Grant and his siblings on their grandparents' front porch.

Grant as as cowboy? Nice makeup.

Grandma more recently. Last Thanksgiving.


And on a side-note, Grant's car is okay. It doesn't have working A/C, but it does run. We are going to buy his grandma's car to replace his... a Lincoln Town Car... should be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment