June 25, 2011

Summer Fun!

We have been enjoying getting out of the house lately! Vera has enjoyed the swing we gave her for Easter. Grant installed it on our porch, and it provides a nice excuse to get outside. I have taken her out a couple times a day (she only likes it for 5 minutes or so), and it provides a change of scenery. 




We also enjoyed a visit from Aunt Leah and cousin Aya on Friday. It is amazing to see how big Aya is getting. She is such a cute little girl. Grandma was impressed with how much Aya understands. Aya and Vera enjoyed each other a lot more this time, too. Vera has really grown up which is making it more fun to play with Aya. We were going to go swimming but didn't make it. Hopefully next time!





Father's Day 2011 was a lot of fun, too. We gave Grant an Amazon gift card. He also got to eat Arthur Bryant's BBQ. He says it is the best in town... I don't know about that! 



And finally, Vera has started sucking her thumb. Random, I know. But it kind of works. No pacifier needed. Just put in the thumb and r e l a x!


1 comment:

  1. Love that swing! John is trying desperately to get Shannon to suck her thumb...I keep telling him she's still too young to really figure that out. :) She is liking her pacifier more and more though.

    ReplyDelete