If I remember right, I think my first ever blog post was about successfully hooking up a gas stove and being very proud of myself for getting it done without blowing up our house. So, judging by my pride in accomplishing that easy task you have some idea of how un-handy I really am around the house. So, while I haven't gotten much handier after almost 3 years of home ownership, I have gotten more ambitious (for better or worse)!
There are so many things (most of them uninteresting to anyone but me) that happened over the course of the weekend that for the sake of brevity, I'll summarize here....
Miscalculations:
1) I thought I could sand everything with a hand belt sander - wrong!
2) I thought a little sheet would be enough to protect dust from going downstairs - wrong (thanks Joel for correcting me before that went wrong...
3) I thought the stain would look differently after it dried - wrong - it looked just as bad, maybe worse!
4) I thought I would be done by Monday - wrong!!!
Funny mis-haps:
1) The Town Car got a flat on one of my many Home Depot trips - sidewall blowout. Luckily, on LUXURY AUTOMOBILES you get a full size spare with a MATCHING RIM. BOO YAH! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! (One of the advantages of being a 29 year old driving a car that should belong to an 89 year old).
2) My first attempt at staining. AWFUL. It's so bad that even though I blew 2 hours on it, it was funny.
3) In moving furniture and other things, I did a couple things that I knew would draw Caroline's ire. I put the lime green recliner in the bathroom...on its side....reclined.... and I put my old walking boot on top of one of the dressers that got put in our dining room. Like a trophy. She noticed both.
Overall, I think the project turned out OK. I am reasonably satisfied with the results. As I described it to someone else - if I would have paid someone to do it, I would have been ANGRY, since I did it myself, I am super excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment