July 7, 2011

4th of July

We had a great time over the 4th of July. Grant suggested that we go out of town, and since we had the extra day off work, I thought it sounded like a good idea.

Friday night, we drove to Quincy, Illinois, after he got off work. Saturday morning we drove to central Illinois, just outside of Peoria, where my grandma lives. Vera got to meet her Great-Grandma for the first time! We were also able to see lots of aunts and uncles and a few of my cousins. It was fun to be around family!




Sunday afternoon we drove to Madison, Wisconsin, to meet baby Shannon! My friend from college, Michelle, and her husband, John, hosted us. We had a great time. They showed us around their area, and then downtown Madison on Monday afternoon. Their daughter, Shannon, is just 2 months old. It was fun to see a little baby and remember that Vera has grown up a lot! Shannon is a sweetie.



John and Shannon in the baby bjorn!

Vera fell asleep on our walk.

Michelle and I with our daughters. 

Shannon and Vera (2 months and almost 7 months)
Monday evening we drove to Iowa City, and then on Tuesday morning we headed home. We stopped in Des Moines for lunch with my other Grandma. She goes by Gigi, and Vera was happy to see her. We also stopped in at my aunt and uncle's house in town too. We were home to Kansas City by 5:30, and it felt good to be back.

We are glad we took the opportunity to see lots of family and our friends. Vera was a good traveller, and we got to spend a lot of time together as a family. 

Our family at one of the lakes in downtown Madison. 


3 comments:

  1. Aww I'm so jealous that you got to see Michelle! I'm sure you had so much fun. I'm sure Shannon and Vera are going to be the best of friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that Vera is sitting up. Jacob sits up with help but does not stay up. 6 month pictures were very hard with him not sitting up alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post...love the pictures...Shannon misses Vera already!

    ReplyDelete