April 15, 2011

sleep, anyone?

Well, I spoke too soon earlier this week saying that Vera has been sleeping great. She actually hasn't been this week. Naps have been off and short, and night time has been a wake up around 3 AM for at least 1 hour! Thursday we even took her to the doctor thinking she might have an ear infection. She had a goopy eye, runny nose... oh well. We'll see! She's still breaking her swaddle pretty easily, yet seems to need it as her hands still jerk up to her face when they're free. We're trying anything we can think of. Hoping for sleep here!

Here's Miss V modeling her new sunglasses for the summer sun! I am excited to get out more. I just bought a little baby pool too, so hopefully she'll be sitting up so we can use it this summer on our deck.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Caroline,

    This is Leslie (but Brad is logged into his gmail, so it will say Brad Piggott)...Grant's friend from Scott City. I had an idea for you about Vera's sleep and swaddling. We used kiddopotamus blankets with Simon and then switched him to a sleep sack around 7-8 months when he outgrew the blankets. The blankets have velcro and kept him wrapped up tight almost every night. Here's a link if you haven't heard of them before. http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&safe=off&q=kiddopotamus+swaddle&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&wrapid=tlif130292270221410&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=3567728053083829332&sa=X&ei=0AWpTa-5EdLViALBvOnvDA&ved=0CE8Q8wIwBA# Hope that helps some!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sunglasses! Those will be great for Royals games!

    ReplyDelete