April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

We had a good day today as a family! We decided to go to evening church since it is a little less crowded, which freed up our day. We had brunch this morning and then took a walk. We got a new jogging stroller yesterday so we had to try it out. It was a-mazing. So easy to push and steer. Vera loved it so much she fell asleep.

Grant was able to get a run in this afternoon while Vera and I napped! Then my parents came by to hang out. They brought Vera's Easter gift, a new outdoor swing. They were on sale at Aldi (surprise) so my mom picked it up for me (since she goes there a lot!). And church this evening was great. Vera wore her hot pink dress we got her for Uncle Blake's wedding in another month. A friend at church got to see her that hadn't seen her for awhile, and then she fell asleep during the sermon. I told Grant I guess its okay for a baby to sleep (and snore) through church!

And in all of this, today we celebrate Jesus' Resurrection. Jesus rose from the dead. He is not dead anymore. He has conquered death so that we may live. Praise God!


Vera and Grandma and Grandpa Watkins

Vera admiring her dad

And the ridiculous bunny ears I made her put on...

2 comments:

  1. she gets cuter every day! love the dress. love Easter. love you! excited to see pictures of her on that awesome swing her gma bought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's finally catching up. He was 18 lb 3 oz on Friday! I totally wanted the Aldi swing but was stuck in Maryland and couldn't get one. :(

    ReplyDelete