March 30, 2011

a good weekend



We had a really fun weekend this past week. Saturday, my sister and her daughter were in town. They brought Vera an exersaucer to use, and cousin Aya showed her how it is done.





This is a silly picture of Vera's long hair in the back. Some may call it a mullet... we're just going to avoid the subject and hope the top grows quickly!


Then Sunday, Vera went to the nursery at church for the first time! She did great. She got fussy at the end, but we also forgot to tell them about her pacifier. We’ll do that next time! We went to 11:00 church because that just works better with Vera’s nap schedule. She usually naps around 9AM and sleeps for a couple hours! So nice for this momma. And speaking of sleep, she’s doing great… she is sleeping for a large chunk of the night – like 7 or 8 hours straight – and then going back for maybe 1, 2, or 3 hours if I’m lucky. It is feeling good, but I am still tired!


The weekend did not end well, though. I got sick to my stomach on Sunday night. It didn’t feel good at all, especially knowing that I need to nurse my baby. Luckily I planned on just having Grant give her the milk I’d saved up for my Monday at work if needed. I was able to feed her in the morning, though, so that was good. Unfortunately, though, Vera got the flu too! Poor baby. Here is a picture I took just a few minutes before she was sick. I am so glad it wasn’t bad for her! It could have been really dangerous if she got dehydrated.




Anyway… now I’m just hoping for some warmer weather. Supposed to be nice this upcoming weekend so we might work on our yard a little.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you both get feeling better. Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her bows. Jacob is growing like a weed too. He's too short for his exersaucer but is able to use his bouncer. Sorry you're sick but I'm glad you're still nursing. That's just what she needs when she's sick. I'm taking a 3 credit 2 week psychology class end of may. Then 6 hours this fall. Glad to see most is well with you guys. We need to get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I LOVE her hair
    2. Yay for the jumparoo!
    3. We have the same bouncer chair...Target? I think its called something Safari?
    4. So sad you both were sick but glad you both are feeling better now.
    5. Yipeee for some good sleep at night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it was a great weekend. So glad we could visit. Love the pics of Vera, although I can tell she didn't feel her best in that last one. Love to all the Helmers!

    ReplyDelete