This isn't the best way to get back into blogging, but we've had a lot going on lately so I want to update everyone.
On Sunday, September 4th, around 7:45 PM (MST) we lost Grant's dad, Greg. Grant and I were both able to be there, along with his brother and wife, and mom and uncle. It was the w.o.r.s.t. thing I have ever had to experience as long as I can remember. He died from complications of Leukemia and chemotherapy treatment. He died less than 3 weeks following his diagnosis. And two weeks after we last saw him. It was awful. Things went downhill very quickly on Sunday (in the wee hours of the morning), and I flew out that afternoon. I pray that I never have to experience that again.
Greg's Obituary
Through it all, we are thankful...
...we could be there
...he believed in Christ as his savior, and therefore is now with God in Heaven
...Grant has a close-knit family
...for our own health
...for each other
...for great memories with Greg
...for Christ as our savior, who loves us more than we deserve
| Grandma and Grandpa in July for Grandma's 60th Birthday |
| Vera and her grandparents in June |
For fun, I'm going to do some crafting and hanging out with different friends.
Here are a couple things I'd like to craft:
key chains
pumpkin decoration
and a tie-on fabric chair that I found on pinterest
I've also noticed the burlap (?) trends in decorating, and have a fun idea for some canvases covered in burlap with a frame mounted on them. Wish me luck :)
Hope you all are doing well.
-Caroline
oh, and Vera is 9 months old! I'll have to post on that soon.
Caroline, so sorry to hear about this. I can't imagine how tough things are right now. Praise God that he knew Jesus, but I know that doesn't dull the pain and grief of the loss. Praying for you all.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post and pictures. Love you all and praying for you.
ReplyDeleteCannot BELIEVE Vera is 9 months old. So fun!
Love the craft ideas, I've always admired your creativity.
Hope to visit soon!
we are so sorry about grant's dad. please let us know if we can help you out with vera or anything else.
ReplyDeleteOh Caroline, I'm so sorry about Grant's dad. Please know that you and Grant will be in my prayers.
ReplyDelete