September 18, 2011

K-S-U!

This weekend we got to meet up with Grant in Manhattan! We were so glad to see him! I took Vera and Nobie on the two hour drive... It wasn't so bad. 

Over the weekend, we were able to see a lot of old friends! Grant got to go to some of Farmhouse's 90th (I think) reunion events, which I know he enjoyed. Holly (Grant's sister) and I did some fun shopping for fall. And best of all, we got to pretend we were young again and go to the K-State football game! We took Vera for her first game. I'm really proud of that because I didn't go to anything like that until I was a student at K-State! So fun to expose her to things we enjoy.




Vera did great during the game (we only stayed for the first half). She was a little fussy, but was just hungry and wanting to move around. Once she was fed and found some things to play with, she was great. I was able to let her stand at the bleachers on the row we were in, and she entertained herself for a good 15 minutes. Then I was able to get her to fall asleep in a baby carrier on my chest. She slept for about 20 minutes, as we were leaving. 

We had a good time and are looking forward to visiting Manhattan with Vera throughout her childhood!

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Vera is adorable. Go KSU! We are so embarrassed that we have not been to Manhattan since I graduated..yikes!

    ReplyDelete