September 29, 2011

Disconnected pop culture thoughts




1) New Wilco - The Whole Love
Already like it. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (which I bought like 5 years after it was out) and Ghost is Born, which is now my favorite Wilco album took awhile for me to warm up to. I like Whole Love already.


2) The 2012 Kansas City Royals
So, I know it's still 2011 and I know the season just ended last night, but next year has the potential to be awesome. If anyone wants to get me an early Christmas present, you can get me an Eric Hosmer or Salvador Perez jersey. Even if they sneak just over .500 next year, they're set up for a good run. And sooooo much more fun to watch than the 2005 Royals (my first year in KC) when Terrence Long was hitting #3.




3) K-State Football


So, Coach Snyder (and some big games from Tre Walker and Collin (Rocky Balboa - he just keeps getting up) Klein) figured out how to beat the U at Miami. Huge win for bowl eligibility as the Big 12 schedule will be, shall we say, rugged. The game last Saturday was very fun (if nerve racking) to watch. Glad the 'Cats are on ABC the next 2 Saturdays (Baylor and Mizzou) as we'll be able to warm up our bunny ears and watch.

Hope you all are having a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment