August 19, 2011

Foot Update (no pictures)

So, after waiting it out for a couple weeks, I decided a trip to the doctor was in order. I couldn't get in to see my doctor but after hearing the details sent me to get an x ray. The results are back and apparently I have at least one maybe 2 avulsion fractures in my ankle. From what Dr. Google said, it is fairly common with ankle sprains and follows the same course of treatment as a sprain. However, that does put the Cerner 15k and KC half marathon in serious jeopardy. And now completely refutes the point I was trying to prove by playing basketball in the first place. What is/was that point? That I am still young, agile, and athletic. Age 30 - 1. Grant - 0. But lots of time still on the clock. Don't call it a comeback.

Bummer.

But still better than a real deal broken ankle or any number of other bad basketball related injuries. I go to the orthopedic specialist on Tuesday. Wish me luck.

The Helmers wish you a pleasant good evening from Hays, KS. Why are we in Hays you ask? Long story for another post....

1 comment:

  1. glad your foot is better, yikes! Crazy. Am interested in learning why you all are in Hays!

    ReplyDelete