May 3, 2011

our weekend

We had a pretty good weekend around here! Vera took a good nap on Saturday morning so Grant and I did some housework. So fun, right?!? I cleaned/organized the basement, and Grant cleaned up the backyard a bit. I had fun moving boxes around in the basement so they look good, even though I didn't really do much. I also cleaned up our laundry area a bit which will help in the long run. Grant did a great job digging up some saplings that had sprouted from a nearby tree. We have a neighbor that asked to use some of our yard on the alley side for a garden. On Saturday morning he was working on his garden. It is pretty neat - hopefully there will be enough sun there. (That's why he asked to use some of our yard - he said it was the only spot he saw that gets a lot of sun.)

Saturday night I got to go to the Royals game to celebrate my friend Sarah's 27th Birthday! We had fun out on a girls' night, and the Royals won! Grant took Vera with him and his friend Josh to Blanc Burger. He said it was different taking a baby out to dinner. No surprises there! Sunday we went to church in the morning, I went to a counseling class at Redeemer, Grant had to go to the Hope Center for a quick meeting, and then we hosted Gospel Community Group.

Grant took this picture of Vera after her nap Sunday. He found her like this when he went to get her! Should we get a crib bumper??!! 

1 comment:

  1. You can borrow our meshy one if you want. That is a super cute pic. Miss my girly!

    ReplyDelete