May 11, 2011

5 Months Old!

Today Vera is 5 months old! I can't believe it. She has grown so much, as have Grant and I. My life has changed in ways that I never imagined and sometimes pushed against as they happened. I am so thankful to have Vera in my life. It is fun to watch her grow and learn new things.


Some milestones...
You wear size 2 diapers. (almost...!)

You wear size 3-6 month clothes.

You sleep through the night. (We are crossing our fingers on this one!) In the morning when you wake up you chat to yourself until we hear you. You hardly ever cry/scream for us to come get you.

You nurse every 4 hours during the day, and have a bigger meal at breakfast. You take about a 6 ounce bottle when I'm away.

Your naps are becoming more consistent. You nap in the morning, early afternoon, and sometimes a third nap around 4 or 5. Bedtime is typically 8:30.

You scoot around and pivot around your head when we lay you down. You don't roll back to front much, but you definitely could if you wanted. You're getting really close to crawling, as you can get up on your knees and now elbows. You sort of did the backwards crawl yesterday.

You love your exersaucer and have gotten really good at pulling the toys towards you. And then you eat them! You're quite the drooler so I think that's why you put everything in your mouth. Your favorite toys are your bumble bee, the fish, and now the elephant that I bought you last week. 

No teeth yet and none showing.

We take you for walks pretty often, and you sit in your stroller like a big kid now.

You're showing a lot of interest in food, so at 6 months we'll start you on some solids.

You're starting to talk a lot more. You squeal and laugh a lot easier than you used to.

We love you a lot and are so happy to be your parents!






You're rockin' the pigtails. So cute! 

2 comments: