May 29, 2011

Life Lately

Well... Grant is at our house hard at work! He has spent the weekend sanding our wood floors on our second floor. He did attempt #1 at staining (just one room), and it did not go well. So he is back to sanding. Oops. I appreciate his hard work, though, and willingness to try. If in the end he gets the job done (which I think he will), it will have saved us a couple thousand dollars. And that is worth it! While he's working, I am staying at my parents house. With Vera. And Nobie. Aren't my parents lucky?? :)

Friday, Vera and I travelled with my sister and her daughter, Aya, to Des Moines. We visited our aunt and uncle and our grandma. It was a great visit! We had quite the trip up there, as the girls took turns screaming, but we made it. The trip home on Saturday was a lot better! Our parents were also up there visiting, so it was nice to get to spend some time together as a family.

I am hoping to get some craft projects done in the next few days. I figure if I have the time (being displaced from our home gives me a lot of free time), I might as well get to work! I am going to try to sew a wooden highchair cover (to strap Vera in), possibly a kid table table-cloth, and maybe cover a bulletin board in fabric. We'll see...

Pictures of the house and others to come!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to 6 month pictures. We really need to get the kids together and let them visit.

    ReplyDelete