Thursday and Friday he felt like he had the flu and had a temperature! Argh! So Thursday night he had off of baby duty so he could sleep and hopefully get better. Well, his flu has now turned into a cold. He didn't feel good Sunday afternoon, so we cancelled our Gospel Community Group. The whole family was in bed by 9PM that evening, with Grant in another room. So once again, I was solo on baby duty. I'm now going on day two of taking care of Vera pretty much by myself. He hasn't touched her since Sunday afternoon because he just doesn't want to get her sick! It makes sense to me, and it has been a joint decision, but him being sick neither of us want! He said he felt a little better this morning so he went to work, but he'll come home if he doesn't feel good later in the day. I just hope he feels better because I don't know how much more I can handle of being alone with Vera. She's not bad; it's just not fun. Taking care of her has to be fun because if not, I give up! 30 Rock can only keep me going so long! :)
Luckily, Vera and I ventured out in the cold evening for dinner with friends at Pizza 51. It was my first time, and I enjoyed it. I brought a cake that I was able to make yesterday for our friend Juile's birthday! She also is celebrating a new job that she starts in a couple weeks. Today I'm going to the dentist and another friend is watching Vera since Grant is out (my original plan). Then tonight I think Nobie will make a visit to my parent's house. Something's gotta give, right?
Here are some photobooth photos for your enjoyment. What else is a mom to do? :) These are from a week ago, actually.

vera's awesome hair.

vera and mom
You both are quite the mother/daughter pair! ;) Love the pics. Praying for a quick recovery for Grant! John might be sleeping in another room after baby girl arrives because he has a huge finance exam June 4th, so in the week leading up to it I told him it would be alright. We'll see if I change my mind! haha
ReplyDelete