Life sure has changed since Miss Vera made her appearance. She is now three weeks old! At her 2 week appointment she weighed 8lbs 8oz! That was a big relief because of her stay in the NICU. She didn't have to regain birth weight since she'd been in the NICU, but she exceeded it! YAY! So we've continued our fun eating, sleeping, and diaper changing pattern of life. She is a good sleeper at night but somewhat sporadic during the day. And when I say night I mean between about 11:30pm-6:30am. (I'd love to go to bed earlier and sleep later.) There's a feeding in there somewhere, but she does let this momma sleep in her own bed!
I think the shock of the amount of care she needs has worn off a bit. I'm feeling a little more like "I can do this" and less like "What was I thinking??". I'm definitely ready for her to start smiling, playing with toys (aka grasping objects and paying attention to them), and having a more regular schedule, but I know that time is the only thing that will get us there.
And on the topic of time... it is an interesting place to be, wishing that she was a month old, or 6 weeks old, or 2 months old, but then remembering to appreciate the time that I have now, with her super needy and also cuddly and sweet at times. I am trying to find a balance to enjoy the moment and look forward to the future!
We're surviving, and enjoying moments of it! :)
(photos will be added later... blogger isn't cooperating)
I'm glad you guys continue to adjust well!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you lots. Happy New Year.
ReplyDeleteLove you and miss you! Hugs and kisses to my beautiful niece.
ReplyDelete