January 11, 2011

One month old!

Well, we made it! Vera Claire is one month old today!! YAY!

(her outfit is not indicative of the weather - it's an undershirt she was wearing with a sleeper... its really cold here)

Life has been going alright; we are adjusting every day to life with a baby. It is definitely tough, but it does seem to be getting more "predictable" (if you can say that word with a newborn). We had a huge snowfall yesterday - I don't know how much fell, but it is beautiful. I am homebound because of it. Grant has been taking the SUV to work so I really can't drive anywhere.

For Vera:
-You slept 4.5 hours last night in one stretch! YAY! (the longest yet)
-You're currently sleeping swaddled VERY tight and in your car seat. Hopefully you won't need your car seat too much longer.
-During the day you still eat about every 3 hours during the day and then nighttime just depends on how much you sleep.
-You don't like the evening time - you are often inconsolable. You go to bed finally around 11 or later.
-In the morning, typically when you're up, you're up. I usually cross my fingers that this is after 7AM.
-You've napped in your swing two days in a row. You don't like to nap without being held, so this has been helpful. You also don't nap for longer than about an hour... so I'm hoping someday that will be more predictable.
-You've liked the MOBY wrap lately. I can then use both my hands! My arms were getting tired before this. The only thing is I can't really nap with you on me... kinda can, but not really.
-We change your diaper A LOT! Who knew we'd go through so many diapers...
-Nobie hasn't really warmed up to you yet. I think she gets irritated when you cry. She just sleeps on the couch and observes us.
-I can tell you're growing, but you still haven't smiled or started "talking" really yet. I'm looking forward to those milestones.



I really can't believe that it has been one month since Vera was born. Seems like SOOOO much time has passed since then! And I can see how we have made progress... that feels good. We're definitely not where we started. Can't wait to see what the next month will bring!


Vera and cousin Aya in matching outfits on Christmas day (2 weeks old)



Mommy and Vera on Christmas day



Daddy and Vera the week before Christmas

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's been a month! She looks so sweet and I love your comments for Vera. Also the pic of her and Aya in matching PJs is wonderful! Enjoy all the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!

    James turns 6 weeks tomorrow and you've just described exactly how he was at 4 weeks. I remember sleeping on the floor a couple nights because he would only sleep when held and I was tired of sleeping in the rocker. Now his new sleep record is 6 hours (but it's more often 4). Look forward to the next 2 weeks -- she might get fussier, but she will also pay more attention to the world around her: you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's looking so big!!! I wanna see her again. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great to see her! I love your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete