Mommy and me - not the best photo, but mommy looks happy!
Me in my new hairbow!
Vera and I have been able to run errands a little – we went to Target and Costco! Just for fun, more than anything. Vera now sports “newborn” size jeans from Target. She needed some neutral colored pants since her 0-3 month pants don’t fit just yet. Also, Grant and I just bought our first queen size bed! We went about a month ago to Nebraska Furniture Mart and bought a it with some money we got for Christmas. Up ‘till now, we’ve been using my full size bed I got in the 9th grade. It was good enough for us, but the time came. Obviously we hadn’t been sleeping a lot due to Vera being born, and we probably should have gotten the queen during my pregnancy to improve sleep, but oh well. It got delivered and set up today, so now we’ll be sleeping like babies… or… hoping to sleep longer than 3 hours at a time!
New bed!!
Me at 5 1/2 weeks!
Vera is now 6 weeks old! Yay! I hear 3 months or 12 weeks is kind of the marker for when she is not a newborn anymore/the end of the dreaded “4th trimester”, so I’m going to consider us on the downhill of that climb. I can definitely say it is much better, easier, and more fun, than the first few weeks. I am soooooo thankful that we made it out of those days! I love her more and more every day.
Daddy gives me a bottle once a week.
Cousin Aya came to visit again!
Some new skills:
She has started smiling about once a day for us. It is unpredictable (so yet to be photographed), and usually happens when Mom or Dad is super exhausted and wanting to give up. Seriously, the first one was at 11PM one night. She also smiled for me at a 5AM feeding and diaper change. Her other new trick is falling asleep on her own. She also sleeps in the bassinet without her car seat now. She fell asleep 3 times last night when I put her in her bassinet with her eyes open. And today she just fell asleep in her bouncer for the first time ever during the day! I am hoping she will continue this streak and be a good sleeper!
Falling asleep in my bouncer for the first time!
I am looking forward to watching her grow and change even more.
Ohh my goodness, she looks like Grant in that picture with the black shirt!! Sooo cuuuute! I must get some cuddle time in with this little angel some Sunday soon!!
ReplyDelete(Hi, I'm stalking you BTW. :))