On Friday night, Grant and I had tickets to see Andrew Bird in concert. He is AMAZING. We first heard him in 2007 when we went to a Wilco concert here in Kansas City. He opened for Wilco, and we immediately had to have a CD of his when we got home. Nobie's name even comes from one of his albums "The Noble Beast" (Nobie is shortened from Noble).
So back to Friday night... we got places for each of the foster kids to stay, and a babysitter for Vera. I had been feeling sick all day. Just kind of nauseous and sick to my stomach. Grant knew and came home from work early so I could take a nap. We went out to dinner at Beer Kitchen in Westport. I took just a few bites of my salad, and Grant enjoyed a burger and sweet potato fries. On the way out, I really wasn't feeling good. And then I had to stop and throw up in a trash can on the sidewalk. Totally awful!
Instead of going out on a fun date, I was sick, and we went home...oh well, life goes on. I slept a lot that night, Grant watched basketball, and I felt mostly better in the morning. I did get to go to Kindermusik with Grant and Vera on Saturday afternoon, which was super fun. Grant's been taking Vera all semester, so it was good to finally get to go. She is super cute and very social.
Grant took the foster kids to the Zoo in the afternoon and I napped again while Vera slept. We had a good weekend after all of that. The weather in KC has been great! Here's to a good week: the kids go back to school this week after spring break (hallelujah!), and I've got my second to last week at my current job. More on that switch later.

Vera is so sweet! Anxious to hear about the job switch! So glad you are feeling better!
ReplyDeleteI wish we still lived in the area, it'd be so fun to see Vera and Gianna on a play date! So much has changed in a year... We are very humbled by your taking on foster parenting. Go Helmers! :-)
ReplyDeleteGod Bless,
Kaylene
I was trying to guess what happened on twitter! Sounds icky! Glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDelete