October 9, 2011

delicious fall cookies

Best recipe for fall cookies ever, courtesy of Victoria in Virginia, who has actually returned to Kansas. See her original post where I got the recipe here. I made them last Thursday and have shared them with 3 different groups of people, who all loved them. 


Pumpkin Doodles from the Kansas City Star 2009
makes about 3 dozen cookies

8 ounces unsalted butter at room temperature
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar + 1/3 for rolling later
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 large egg
3 cups + 2 tablespoons all=purpose flour
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Beat butter on medium. Add 1 1/2 cups sugar and the pumpkin. Beat until fluffy. Add cream of tartar, salt, and baking soda. Mix well. Add vanilla and the egg. Beat until well mixed. It will look sugary!

Add the flour in two increments, beating until just incorporated. Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix 1/3 cup sugar with pumpkin pie space and cinnamon to create coating. Remove half of dough from the fridge and roll into 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll balls in coating, covering all sides. Place on cookie sheet about two inches apart. Bake 12 - 14 minutes (mine are usually done after twelve). Let cool 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack. Repeat process.

4 comments:

  1. love em and glad more people are loving em too. Saw Grant yesterday after the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to make these for E. He loves pumpkin stuff!! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the recipe, Vic! Grant said he saw you too! Go Cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um..I won't say go cats yet, but I did make these and they are pretty deeelish!

    ReplyDelete