This past weekend, friends helped put the crib together, hem curtains, move furniture, hang pictures, organize baby stuff, put together the guest bedrooms, and clean! It was really helpful! I love the crib, which we ordered online so it really could have gone either way. I also just love having a cleaner and more organized upstairs! It feels really good. I told Grant that I like going into the baby's room a lot. I don't think about anything specific when I'm in there... just sit in the chair and look around. :) Good thing I've got some "free time" to do that, I guess!
Also, daylight savings time has really been helpful this weekend. I feel well-rested when I wake up, which is a great blessing! Whew. So thankful for that!
Here are some photos of her room:
The first few are the view when you walk into the room.
This is the large built-in cedar cabinet that was in the room. We added knobs to the doors and the cabinet is full of baby supplies. I think it will be useful when we have those random sized toys that kids get.
Most of these were mine when I was a kid!
Changing table to-be (and Grant's Grandpa's old dresser):
Rocking chair that was Grant's Grandma and Grandpa's. If you want a matching one, there is one available! :) The color actually doesn't look too bad in the room...
Crib! With mattress to come. I sewed the crib skirt.
Crib again, with mobile from Julie and the animal print pictures that my sis gave me to use!
it looks adorable! you're all ready.
ReplyDeleteNow all you need is a baby girl, well in a few weeks I guess! Looks great!
ReplyDeleteCaroline it looks fantastic! The green chair does go perfectly with the decor. It looks so cozy! JMO is right, it will look absolutely perfect when the baby girl comes! ;)
ReplyDelete