February 2, 2010

K-State Basketball and Family

For Christmas, I got Grant season tickets to KSU Basketball. We still qualify for "young alumni" deals, so it wasn't too super expensive. He wanted to go to the KSU vs. KU game last weekend, and buying the season tickets was the best way to be guaranteed a seat at the big game. We have only really attended the Big 12 games, but we are okay with that. Another bonus of getting the tickets is that we get to go to Manhattan. A lot of people don't understand the draw, but to us, it represents a great time of our lives. Grant's brother, sister, and brother-in-law are in town, and my sister and her husband also had tickets to the past two games. So, we got to spend some good time with family recently. I feel a little guilty when I realize that for his sister and her husband this is their regular life, while Grant and I look at it as some glamorous vacation spot! Oh well, they are gracious to hang out with us and entertain all our crazy ideas for what to do while we're there. We are glad to be able to spend time with our siblings.

Here's a couple photos from the KSU vs. Oklahoma State game.

2 comments:

  1. Loved seeing you at the games. Can't wait to see a win (in person) one of these days... Oh well, they can just make it up to me on Mar. 3!!! Wa-ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete