You can also look me up online at http://www.ksbsrb.org. If I ever get in trouble with the law, this is also the website you'll be able to look on. Hopefully that won't EVER happen though!
Anyway, in August, actually on August 6th, 2007, I went to my first day of school at Friends University to begin working on my Masters of Marriage and Family Therapy. In June, I finished my classes and internship. I got a job in my field in July, had my temporary license in August, and began fervently studying in September for the national exam which I took in October! Whew. In early November I found out I kicked butt on the test! (ha) and could apply, meaning pay, to be fully licensed. So today I get the real deal in the mail. And I thought to myself...is this what I've been spent all this time, money, and effort toward? And I realized it really can't be about the title. Or the piece of paper. It is about what I now can do. I'm never going to be "done". I have a lot of work ahead of me. I get the opportunity now to help people change their lives. A client told me the other day that she just wants to feel "normal" again. I don't know that I will be able to do that, but I do hope I can help her find a "new normal". I hope I always keep learning and experiencing life in a fresh way. I hope that I'm never finished.
So proud of you!
ReplyDeleteMy mom made my stockings. I had a great time picking out the material!!! I can't sew to save my life, but my mom and sister sure can! Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving. I'm sure thankful for you!
ReplyDelete