This fall something got in me to exercise and eat better. I agreed to a challenge (with myself, weird, I know!) to limit my online usage as well as dessert eating to *hopefully* increase my time spent exercising. This all happened right after Memorial Day. I then "weighed in" once a week, to somewhat emulate my favorite TV show, The Biggest L*oser (TBL). The first week didn't go so well as I exercised but gained a pound. I eventually lost 6 lbs! :) Whoohoo. I've slacked a bit lately and haven't weighed for 2 weeks, but...
Today, I made Grant do a time-trial mile run with me. We went to a local track, and he ran in lane 2, me in lane 1. It was fun at first, then a bit intense. It was interesting to think that I could have actually done this as a high school sport. We ran our 4 laps, then Grant showed me the clock 9:11!! WHOOHOO! My goal was under 10. I trained during this weight-loss/exercise program to be able to run a total of 20 minutes. I eventually just skipped the last few training recommendations and said "I know I can run 20 minutes" and did. Ha! That was two days after watching the KC Marathon. It was inspirational! :) Then today on the track, I was thinking, "no way will I run 13 miles in a 1/2 marathon EVER!"
As November is a new month, I want to continue to be consistent in my exercising. More like start being consistent again. I do enjoy it, once I get out there! I have been running as well as doing home exercise videos.
I'll have Grant take a picture of the next time-trial. And maybe I'll run a 5K this winter.
Caroline, I'm super proud of you! Keep it up. Let's run a 5k together . . . maybe next summer/fall. Love you!
ReplyDelete