Last week, Vera and I went to see her cousins. We had a lot of fun! She and Aya resemble each other, as you can see in this picture. Aya still has size on her, though. They enjoyed playing. There were some conflicts over toys, sippy cups, snacks, lunch...well just about everything, but really they get along, its just hard being 16 months and 23 months old. Aya has cool toys that Vera likes to get a head-start playing with. For example, Vera was super impressed with Aya's crib-turned-toddler-bed. Vera loved climbing in and out and then jumping on the bed.
Vera also got to meet Mila for the first time. She really paid no attention to her. Looked at her and touched her once. Vera and Aya both more enjoyed Mila's bouncer seat - they liked practicing buckling the straps or putting their baby dolls in it.
The only picture I got of Mila, she slept a lot, at 3 weeks old!
Aya turns 2 this week, so we are going back to celebrate next Saturday.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news, Nobie no longer likes us... she keeps breaking out of the yard. Today she ran away from our yard the first time we let her out in the morning. Really? Really, Nobie? You hate first thing in the morning? She was gone for about 2 hours this morning. Who knows where she went. Last week she was trying to break out, so I brought her up to the deck to contain her. The deck has gates at the stairs, so I thought she could just hang out on the deck.
Wrong:
That same day, I went outside and found the gate on the right. Broken. No dog in sight. Texted Grant, and luckily he said he'd gotten a call and would go get her from a local business on the next street over. When he picked her up, they said she'd been great. Sneaky dog...
The photo on the left is from another day. I locked the gate while Vera was playing, and Nobie decided she wanted back up. Crazy dog. She couldn't get in so I had to open the gate for her.
Let's hope she calms down. It's kind of crazy-making always wondering if she's going to run off. We've secured the fence as much as we can, but I think she's possibly jumping over it now...

Copper's never loved us--he escapes like it's his job. It's scary!
ReplyDelete