So this week, I thought I'd be all "awesome" and help Vera get into a new routine of not napping in the morning. Here are two pictures to show how well it did not go:
Today, she is having a morning nap. :) Last night, Grant even made a very good point that Vera almost likes her morning nap more than her afternoon nap. I thought go all in and just get Vera to only sleep in the afternoon. Now I know, if I've got the flexibility to be able to put her down for a morning nap, I need to. It's okay if she needs her sleep. I don't have to feel like she should already be the next stage. I have no need to hurry her into growing up.
I thought she just looked cute in this picture above. She loves her bunny. She is super particular and only sucks her thumb holding onto a specific leg of Ms. Bunny. Someday hopefully she'll get creative with names. For now we have "bunny" (X2), "baby", "dolly", etc...
This picture above was also taken the day before she woke up from her nap with a fever. I mean, really?! It was pretty scary. One minute cute and happy, the next minute sweaty and sad. It took the whole weekend and missing two birthday parties, but she got past it!
This is her new favorite toy. She knows just what to do with it. Mr. Vacuum even talks :)

Such sweet pictures :-)
ReplyDeleteHave you tried an 11:30 nap? It might be a good compromise. Switching from 2 to 1 nap can be tough because some days they need 2 and other days they don't. I had to go run a lot of errands for the first week to occupy us both.
Gianna switched to one nap around 11 months old and it was crazy, but now I'm used to it. My friend does 11:30 but it's too early for G...so we do 12:30 pm.
Kaylene
There are SO many things I like about this post....love the thumb sucking. Oh my goodness those sleeping photos are precious. Also, I thought I'd be "awesome" and try to get Shannon down to 1 nap NOW, not even a year old. Not.Good.Idea. I thought she had already gone through the transition phase...not so much. We still nap twice, and thank goodness because it makes her and her mom a lot more sane!
ReplyDeleteI just realized, I bought Mr. Vacuum at a garage sale today for Shannon! So fun.
ReplyDelete