No, this post title is not a joke. Sunday, Grant had a dead battery in his car. Luckily it happened when the car was parked at home. Unfortunately, though, it happened after the auto parts stores were closed for the night. Bright and early Monday morning he went and got a new battery. Vera and I ventured outside to watch him install it.
Then I spotted this:
Yes, that's right, readers. He was using a handmade "tool wrap", if I might name it myself. I laughed! Thinking of the world wide web of crafters, I couldn't help myself. It is such a manly gift. He said that his mom made one for each of the guys in the family about 10 years ago. Nothing like a DIY gift, right?
Here it is in all of its beauty, rolled up. How convenient. It is made of some nice velvety fabric, with bias running on the edges and two ties to close it up. It even has two zipper pockets for small things... Grant claims like washers or bolts...!
Here he is posing. He offered! The tool wrap is in the bottom of the photo. See how useful it is? He keeps it in his car and always has a few small tools! Ladies, I highly recommend you making one for your man, or yourself, this holiday season. Oh, and no comments (unless positive) about Grant's awesome car. Let's just say the tool wrap came with it.
And maybe Grant's mom will do a guest post sharing a pattern for the tool wrap. Comments, Linda?
Hope you have a good week, and don't forget about a DIY gift for the man in your life!
love this!
ReplyDeleteLove it...Linda is a clever gal. I am not surprised that she came up with this. :)
ReplyDelete