Thanks to the internet (yay, blogs!), I've been feeling rather crafty lately. This picture is of an old window from our attic that I put on a shelf that sits in our landing on the stairs. I barely cleaned the window and frame before setting it there. It really opens the wall up, even though there's something there. I added the cute print from etsy "My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness". Grant pointed out that this song was sung at his dad's funeral. That makes it even more meaningful. I simply spray-glued the print onto the frame. I followed the directions on the can. (I had to clean the glass on the window to get it to stick :))
I've also made a couple of Christmas gifts, so I am excited for the holiday so that I can share my creativity!
We are looking forward to Thanksgiving. We'll be with my family for the day/weekend. It will be fun to see Aya and Vera together. I am also going to (hopefully) make a few baked goods for the weekend, so I am excited about that as well.
Grant's mom was here over the weekend. We had a great time hanging out, playing scrabble, shopping, and watching KSU win a great football game. It was good to have her. She even babysat Vera while I had to go to work for a few hours on Friday. We were able to be together Saturday, which would have been Grant's dad's 59th birthday. Oh, to think he didn't get to celebrate with us. We pray that we look at our lives as journeys and to heaven and eternity God as our destination.
I always enjoy your posts, Caroline. Glad you were able to have a party for Greg's birthday. :) Keep up the craftiness...I am doing likewise here.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Les
Beautiful picture and love that hymn! What truth in remembering that this world is not our home!
ReplyDelete