September 6, 2012

Vera lately

Vera has been a lot of fun lately. She's almost 21 months old. She's super mobile, interested in the world around her, and somewhat talkative.





-#1 word is "oopsie", said more like "uppsie". It's really cute because I don't know where she heard it. Did she just figure out to add a little onto "oops"? I don't think I say "oopsie" usually :)
-Likes to direct others' behavior: "up", signs "please", "dog" (telling Nobie to be around us), "no", etc...
-LOVES music. Prefers to listen on CD (hopefully someday she'll understand the power of an iPod). We've narrowed it down so she can touch her 3 or 4 CDs, and we load it for her into the CD player. She gets nervous between songs that the music might have stopped. I've started just pressing the "repeat all" button so I don't have to deal with a melt-down every 30-45 minutes when the CD is done.
-Climbs up the slide on her play-set and goes down with ease.
-Goes up the stairs on two feet and is now pretty quiet on them - almost confusing me that it's an adult and not her.
-Loves to play with baby dolls.
-Is fairly good at stacking things, especially on the edge of the tub. Has Type A, particular tendencies. Things have their places and order, according to Vera.
-Runs, attempts to jump, likes to read books, and sort of counts from 1-3 with a generic "1, 2, 3, go"

It is fun to think how much more she'll grow before she turns 2 in December. We love her lots and can't wait to see her as a big sis around the first of February.



1 comment: