February 23, 2012

Is there life on Charlotte? Yes, in fact...here's a completely scatterbrained and probably lame (because there are no pictures) update!

It's been awhile since there was much life on the life on Charlotte blog, and I figured tonight would be a good chance to break the silence.

So, since we talked last, Buzz's sister, Jesse (following in the Toy Story theme) has moved in. She is 13 and has been a real sweetheart. She has played a motherly role for Buzz in the past, and old habits are hard to break, but we're trying to relieve her of any pressure to fill that role. She absolutely loves Vera and is officially Nobie's new best friend. In fact, I think Nobie now prefers snuggling with Jesse over me (which is actually OK with me - not much of a dog snuggler).

Buzz has started acting kinda crazy on occasion. I think he has figured out how to push my buttons - which aren't that hard to push and just wants to get a rise out of me and to control the situation. My wise friend Joel had some good advice and encouraged me to remember not to let him control me. So, tonight, when he threw a book, I handed him another one. And when he slammed the door, I encouraged him to slam it harder. Both behaviors stopped. I wish I could do it with a pure heart (definitely with a sarcastic and prideful heart), but it's progress. It seems like we're due for a meltdown every 36 hours or so, so that oughta be perfect with our trip to the K-State / Iowa State basketball game this weekend planned. Ha! Buzz is doing well in school and is still a pretty good kid most of the time. He just has his moments (like we all do).

I'm pretty darn encouraged by the play of the Wildcats as of late. Great wins against Baylor and Mizzou - on the road. Hopefully the stretch run will be fun.

Mom isn't feeling well. She has had mouth sores and GI issues for awhile now. She's actually staying with us for a few days and seeing some doctors at KU (booo) Med. Hopefully, she'll be on the road to recovery soon. My sister Holly and her husband Bryan have really been driving her to get the help she needs so kudos to them.

We're going to be an aunt and uncle again very soon as you could tell from any pictures of Leah that Caroline has posted for the last few months. Caroline is currently in Hiawatha visiting for the last time pre-baby. We're so excited for them and can't wait to meet our new niece or nephew.

It feels like it's been a really hard couple of weeks. Buzz and Jesse along with Mom being sick and an absolutely heartbreaking situation for our friends who had hoped to adopt a baby boy. And I still really miss my Dad. I'm thankful that we can trust a sovereign God who works all things for our good - even when we can't see it - or that seems untrue.

2 comments:

  1. Love you guys and lots of prayers!

    p.s. 'grant is an idiot' label made me laugh...but I don't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also don't believe Grant is an idiot. You are wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete